March 2006-April 2012 (Seasonally)
Eldora Mountain Resort
- Wrote the Eldora Ski Patrol Manual.
- Planned, developed curriculum, implemented, and instructed an EMT-to-OEC Bridge Class. Coordinated instructors, students, facilities, etc.
- Wrote a comprehensive 230-page Ski Patrol Manual including trail maps, paperwork examples, and sweep route maps.
- Responded to medical calls/incidents within ski area boundary.
- Treated and transported patients from ski hill to first aid building.
- Conducted accident investigations. Photographed accident scenes, documented facts and circumstances of incident, drew diagrams of incident site, compiled required paperwork, prepared reports of investigation findings.
- Acted as mountain dispatcher.
- Maintained documentation of incident response and prepared patient reports.
- Interviewed parties reporting missing persons.
- Maintained signage, fences, boundary ropes, top and bottom lift terminal closures, and other features on a daily basis.
- Ensured all aspects of mountain operations complied with ANSI regulations.
- Apprehended and educated skiers and riders in violation of area regulations or the Skier’s Responsibility Code.