November 2008-October 2010
City of Boulder Open Space & Mountain Parks
- Performed foot patrol of OMSP lands; provided education to visitors; issued citations for violations.
- Provided educational programs.
- Participated in prescribed burns; initial attack of wild land fires.
- Responded to medical, search, and rescue calls.
- Performed maintenance of fences, signage, etc.
- Felled hazard trees.
- Prepared written documentation of incidents/calls.
- Completed 10-week Volunteer Naturalist Training program.
- Participated in an 8-month monitoring program studying use patterns and compliance rates of a newly-established trail system; maintained records of patrols; transferred recorded data into database; worked directly with Resource Monitoring staff.
- Investigated trespassing violations occurring on an OSMP property; made recommendations to mitigate violations; implemented solutions.