April 2004-August 2005
Selman & Associates Geophysical Consulting
- Lived on drilling rigs in Texas, Wyoming, and Colorado for duration of drilling operations.
- Collected and identified rock samples circulating out of well, analyzed samples for presence of hydrocarbons
- Built lithological maps of oil and gas wells.
- Worked directly with oil company representatives, geologists, roughnecks, and other rig personnel.
- Set up, troubleshot, and maintained all mechanical and computerized equipment used to collect rock samples and monitor gas levels in drilling fluid.
- Operated independently at remote drilling rigs, without supervision.