FIRE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
October 2010-December 2013
Boulder County Sheriff’s Office Fire Management Program
- Supervised the administrative section of the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office Fire Management Program.
- Acted as project manager and wrote the comprehensive, 250-page Boulder County Fire Management Plan.
- Wrote the Guide to Prescribed Fire Planning & Operations for Boulder County Fire Management.
- Acted as the administrative Volunteer Coordinator for our volunteer firefighter program.
- Wrote and designed the Boulder County Guide to Burning and Burn Permit Application for Boulder County’s burn permitting system; worked on development team for website design.
- Developed communication and presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, quarterly reports, and presentation booklets.
- Conducted hiring, on-boarding, and termination of employees and volunteers.
- Maintained the Incident Qualification System (IQS) database for 86 sheriff’s office employees.
- Created and maintained personnel files.
- Maintained and updated program’s SharePoint site.
- Facilitated meetings.
- Participated in prescribed burns and initial attack of wildland fires
- Built and oversaw the Fire Management Medical Program and acted as Medical Officer:
- Established medical training standards for employees.
- Wrote a policy manual for the BCSO Fire Management Medical Program.
- Established medical equipment inventory.
- Built appropriate medical “jump kits” for field operations and use on fire-response vehicles.
- Designed, planned, and conducted medical trainings.
- Planned and implemented a multi-agency, day-long field evacuation training for firefighters seriously injured on the fire line.